BTG Graphic Design Fellow – Job description
Bridging the Gap is an initiative that grants Jewish College students and alumni from different cultural backgrounds opportunities to unite their diverse networks. Bridging the Gap fosters lasting connections between Jewish cultural groups by incorporating Hillel’s core Jewish values: Chesed (kindness), Tikun Olam (Repair the world), Tzedaka (charity), Jewish Identity and Israel. All our events embody the theme of unity, embracing the differences and thus bridging the gaps between Jewish students of any denomination, ethnicity, or community.
BTG is searching for an outgoing and energetic self-starter with a passion for Jewish events, culture and education. BTG Graphic Design Fellow will report to the Director of Citywide Events, and will be responsible for aiding in the creation of graphic content to be used in virtual and real world marketing efforts as well as BTG events. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing designs and design elements to be used in BTG’s marketing and PR strategy along with various individual campaigns, including but not limited to banners, posters, handouts, social media posts and online advertisements
- Developing designs and design elements to be used with the BTG events
- Aiding in the management of BTG’s brand standards for the events, print and web media
- Creating design guidelines for affiliate and partner usage of BTG branded artwork and materials
- Continuously working to improve consistently regular materials including handouts, newsletter and other promotional materials
- Maintaining the graphic library of images and fonts
- Other responsibilities as determined
The Graphic Design Fellow will be an integral part of the BTG team, and will be a key component to the success of the project. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an innovative high-profile, high-growth nonprofit that’s making a significant impact on the Jewish community of NY as well as receive professional skills, enhance your resume and make friends.
- Creativity and forethought for designing and developing unique design work
- Solid understanding of Adobe Design Suite
- Ability to adapt and excel in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to receive and apply constructive feedback with a positive attitude
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Open mind and desire to learn and work closely with a multi-faceted team
- Enjoyment in keeping up with the latest trends in the Jewish community and local events
- Enthusiasm for trying new things and learning new skills
- Comfort working both independently and collaboratively
- This position is a 10 hr / week commitment for the remainder of the 2015-16 school year + summer break. $1000 is awarded to BTG Graphic Designer Fellow and will be paid in increments of two installments as the criteria for the internship is met. The results will be measured qualitatively and quantitatively.
Please submit a resume and portfolio to Tanya Gutsol at Tanya@bchillel.org
Check out our website for more information: www.bridgingthegapny.org